Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 December 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. M&A – MSSP Acquired: Atos has acquired Motiv ICT Security for MSSP and SOC capabilities. Atos has acquired at least seven companies in 2020. Moreover, at least 20 MSSPs have been acquired in 2020, according to MSSP Alert.
2. M&A – Security Analytics: 4iQ and Alto Analytics have merged and rebranded as Constella Intelligence. The company will leverage advanced analytics, deep human expertise, and broad data sets — from surface to dark web — to help organizations “anticipate digital risks and safeguard critical business interests,” Constella says.
3. Endpoint Security for MSPs: Action1, a cloud-based endpoint security solution provider, has introduced multi-tenancy for MSPs. The Action1 platform streamlines patch management, software distribution, remote desktop access, IT asset inventory and more, the company says.
4. Breach Detection & Response: Defendify’s cybersecurity platform now features a Breach Detection & Response module.
5. Multi-Cloud Security: CloudKnox Security, a permissions management platform provider for hybrid and multi-cloud environments, has extended support for serverless functions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
7. Ransomware Attacks Texas School District: Hackers have launched a ransomware attack against the Weslaco school district in Texas, according to The Monitor.