Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 February 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Hackers Attack IT Monitoring Software: Hackers successfully hit IT monitoring software from Centreon, and the attack quietly continued from 2017 through 2020, according to French investigators.
2. Ransomware Hacker Arrests: Members of the Egregor ransomware cartel have been arrested in Ukraine, France Inter and ZDnet report.
3. Ransomware Attacks College: Central Piedmont Community College, North Carolina’s second-largest community college, has confirmed it’s the victim of a ransomware attack that recent shut down all school-related technology, according to a local news report.
4. M&A – Cloud Security Posture Management: Palo Alto Networks has acquired Bridgecrew for cloud security posture management (CSPM) and DevOps-related security capabilities.
6. Check Point Software Updates: Check Point Software Technologies has launched CloudGuard Application Security (AppSec), an automated web application and API protection solution. AppSec allows enterprises to secure cloud-native applications against both known and zero-day attacks, the company says.
7. NIST Guidance: The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has published the final version of a document to guide the cybersecurity of positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) services, ExecutiveGov reports.
8. Research – Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) Market Forecast: Sales of cloud security posture management (CSPM) will likely reach $9 billion by 2026, a 14.4 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2020, according to MarketsandMarkets.
9. Research – Cloud Services Brokerage Market Forecast: The global cloud service brokerage (CSB) market will reach $17.2 billion by 2025, a 17.3% CAGR from 2019, according to Million Insights.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar