Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Revenues – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): An F-Secure earnings report shows slowing growth in the managed detection and response (MDR) market amid the coronavirus economy.
3. Talent – MSSP Hires: CyberClan has hired Larry Whiteside, Jr. as chief technology officer (CTO) and John H. Frey as director of global channels and alliances. CyberClan has nearly doubled its global MSSP team over the past four months, though actual headcount figures were not disclosed.
4. Talent – Privileged Access Management (PAM): Centrify has hired Flint Brenton as CEO, effective immediately. Brenton succeeds former Centrify CEO Tim Steinkopf, who recently retired for health reasons.
5. Talent – CISO: Allscripts veteran Seth Cutler has joined NetApp as chief information security officer (CISO). Cutler reports to NetApp CIO Bill Miller.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar