Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 July 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft Windows Targeted: An Israeli group called Candiru created and sold a software exploit that can penetrate Microsoft Windows, according technology human rights group Citizen Lab, Reuters reports.
3. Partnership – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Coreio Inc. and Wembley Partners Ltd. have partnered to offer MDR services, strategic cybersecurity transformation consulting, and digital cyber incident management products and services to the Canadian market.
5. Identity and Access Management (IAM): OneLogin has launched a Delegated Administration offering, which enables organizations to adopt the Zero Trust principle of least privilege access.
7. Partner Program: Forescout has evolved and enhanced its partner program and channel team in multiple ways, according to VP of Worldwide Channel Sales Keith Weatherford.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar