Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. SaaS Application Security for MSPs: Augmentt has enhanced its SaaS application management platform to help MSPs further secure Microsoft 365.
3. Cyber Insurance for AWS Cloud Security: Cowbell Cyber now offers cyber insurance coverage aligned to policyholders’ AWS cloud footprint. Policyholders also gain “immediate visibility into their cloud-related risk exposures,” Cowbell said.
4. Endpoint Security: WatchGuard Technologies has introduced announced four new endpoint security modules in WatchGuard Cloud including WatchGuard Patch Management, WatchGuard Full Encryption, WatchGuard Advanced Reporting Tool (ART), and WatchGuard Data Control. This integration gives solution providers and customers “centralized access to all WatchGuard endpoint solutions, with the ability to layer on additional security services such as network security, MFA, and secure Wi-Fi,” the company said.
5. Consumer Endpoint Security: Bitdefender has enhanced its consumer product portfolio. Google Android and Apple iOS users can now gain malware detection capabilities along with virtual private network (VPN) features.
6. Executive Leadership – AI and Security: guardDog.ai has hired Alexander Morrise as chief data scientist.
7. Executive Leadership – U.S. Federal Government Cybersecurity: Optiv is expanding to ensure the successful delivery of strategic services in the federal sector. Among the key moves: Optiv has hired retired Army Col. Nichoel “Nycki” Brooks as director, federal services.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Integrations and Strategic Alliances
1. Integration – Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and Insider Threats: Code42 can now deliver its data exfiltration alerts and dashboards within the Splunk Security Operations Suite. The result: Security teams using the Code42 Insider Threat app for Splunk can “identify and prioritize the most critical insider risk events, speeding response to data leaks and malicious attempts to exfiltrate data,” Code42 asswerted.
2. Partner Program – Security Analytics: Measured Analytics and Insurance has launched CyberGuard Central, a partner program for cybersecurity vendors.
3. Partnership – Government MSSP: Eagle Tech Corp., an MSSP in the Washington, D.C., metro area, has partnered with Check Point Software Technologies to “provide an integrated IT Security Suite bundle to government, commercial, international, and non-profit organizations,” the companies said.
4. Partnership – Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): Automated security testing company ShiftLeft has released its ShiftLeft CORE software on the Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR Marketplace. The ShiftLeft content pack on Cortex XSOAR’s Marketplace adds “automation to code security scans that enables SOC teams to plan preemptive mitigation for critical vulnerabilities and leaked secrets before they are deployed in live applications,” ShiftLeft asserted.
5. Integration – Email & Security Awareness Training: Cyren and KnowBe4 have announced an “integrated and automated offering to secure inboxes against phishing attacks and improve the success of internal security awareness training programs,” the two companies said.