Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. MSSP for Government Clouds: The Trustwave Fusion platform is now also hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud, providing U.S. government agencies and suppliers threat detection and response services, the MSSP says.
3. Funding – IoT Healthcare Security: Medigate, a provider of IoT and medical device security and asset management, has completed a $30 million Series B round led by new investor Partech. Existing investors YL Ventures, U.S. Venture Partners (USVP) and Blumberg Capital also participated in the round and were joined by Maor Investments. Medigate’s total funding to date is $50 million.
4. Talent – High Net Worth Cybersecurity: BlackCloak, a provider of Concierge Cybersecurity for executives, high-profile, and high-net-worth individuals, has hired Daniel Floyd as CISO, and Christine Schaefer has joined the executive leadership team as head of sales & marketing.
5. Talent – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): GoSecure has hired Tom Wallace as senior VP of engineering. Wallace is responsible for day-to-day operations of the GoSecure engineering team, managing the GoSecure delivery infrastructure and enhancing the architecture behind the entire GoSecure portfolio. Wallace previously was CIO of IBM’s managed security services business.
6. Talent – Cyber Defense and Deception: Illusive Networks has hired LastLine veteran Claire Trimble as chief marketing officer.
7. SMB – VPN Replacements: Avast has released Secure Private Access (SPA) by Avast Business. The zero trust network access service is designed for MSPs and MSSPs to manage on behalf of SMB customers.
8. Retail Security- Managed Detection and Response (MDR): ControlScan has made its MDR Essential managed endpoint security service available to retailers.
9. Apple macOS Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Sophos has extended ERD support to Apple’s macOS.
10. SAP Application Security: The Onapsis Platform for Cybersecurity and Compliance is now an SAP endorsed app, available for online purchase on SAP App Center.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Cybersecurity Alliances
1. Partnership – Remote Work Security: Charles River Associates and Tanium, are partnering to align the practices of CRA’s Forensic Services Practice with endpoint visibility and management from Tanium to help companies around the world address the challenges of securing and managing largely remote workforces.
2. Partnership – Cybersecurity Training: Zscaler has partnered with New York University Tandon School of Engineering and their Master of Science in Cybersecurity Risk and Strategy. The partnership will allow Master’s candidates to gain practical, first-hand knowledge of secure access service edge (SASE) and zero trust best practices using the Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange through courses that teach Zscaler Internet Access (ZIA) and Zscaler Private Access (ZPA), the company says.
3. Partnership – Container Risk Mitigation: Sonatype and NeuVector has introduced a new integration that provides a “comprehensive view of all Kubernetes and Container open source risk in one place,” the companies say.
4. Partnership – As a Service: Netmagic, an NTT Company has partnered with IBM to offer QRadar as a service bundled with 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC) support. This helps businesses stay ahead of the ever-changing threat landscape while safeguarding them against unauthorized malicious activities in real-time, the companies say.
5. Distribution – IBM Security: Tech Data will offer access to IBM’s Cloud Pak for Security platform as part of its Cyber Range – a virtual environment for training and testing security response procedures.
6. Distribution – Palo Alto Networks: SYNNEX Corporation has added Palo Alto Networks to its GSA and NASPO contracts, giving partners the ability to sell Palo Alto Networks’ cybersecurity technologies in the state, local and education (SLED) market.
8. Distribution, Integration: VMRay, a provider of automated malware analysis and detection solutions, has signed a strategic partnership with Sababa Security, a cyber security vendor based in Milan, Italy. Under terms of the deal, Sababa Security will integrate VMRay’s solutions into its security portfolio, and build custom end-to-end solutions that help its clients accelerate their response to new and evasive malware threats, the companies say.
10. Partner Program – Identity and Access Management (IAM) Part Two: OneLogin has announced Accelerate 2.0, the next evolution of its partner program.
11. Partnership – SIEM and More: Exabeam and Code42 has partnered to help security and insider threat teams quickly detect, investigate and respond to data exfiltration, and reduce risks caused by compromised, negligent or malicious insiders, the two companies say.