Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Netsurion Expands European MSSP Presence:Netsurion, a Top 250 MSSP that supports 600 MSP partners, continues to expand its European footprint. Key moves include hiring James Spooner as managing director for the region. The company plans to focus its expansion efforts on the U.K., Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Nordic countries.
2. MSSP Rebrand: 5thColumn, a SaaS-based cybersecurity managed services provider for midsize organizations, is rebranding as UncommonX to “reflect the company’s uncommon approach to tackling cybersecurity threats.”
3. Business Expansion – SIEM and XDR:Exabeam has expanded its presence in South Asia with a new office in Pune, India. The location will initially support nearly 60 employees across the R&D and customer success teams.
8. Microsoft Cybersecurity Executive: Microsoft has hired former Amazon Web Services (AWS) executive Charlie Bell as executive vice president of cybersecurity operations (CyberOps), reporting directly to CEO Satya Nadella. Bell described his career move to Microsoft in a LinkedIn post.
9. Executive Leadership – Cyber Insurance: Specialist insurer Beazley has named Raf Sanchez as its new global head of cyber services. Sanchez, currently international manager of Beazley breach response services, will move to the new position on October 1, and joins the global cyber & tech management team. He remains based in London.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
2. Partnership – Zero Trust and Operational Technology:Mission Secure and XONA are partnering to offer “more holistic operational technology (OT) cybersecurity solutions across multiple sectors.”
3. Partner Program – Secure Access Management:SecureLink, which develops a VPN alternative, continues to expand its PartnerLink partner program. Key partners include Cavalry Solutions, Cyber Distribution, and SkyHelm. The ecosystem now spans 38 partners globally, SecureLink says.
4. Cyber Insurance Marketplace:Cowbell Cyber has launched a cyber risk exchange marketplace called Cowbell Rx. The market helps businesses gain access to “recommended partners that offer solutions to organizations in order to meet the minimal criteria to get cyber insurance coverage,” the company says.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar