Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 February 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Government Cybersecurity Services: Optiv Security has announced new capabilities to help clients navigate Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), a set of DOD regulations aimed at keeping the United States government supply chain safer by requiring 300,000+ defense contractors to protect sensitive information.
2. Research – Conti Ransomware: Sophos has published a three-part series on the realities of Conti ransomware, detailing how an attack unfolded over five days, its technical features and attack behaviors, and defender advice for IT admins, security researchers and security operations professionals.
3. Integration – Ransomware Risk Mitigation: Quantum ActiveScale, an object storage system has achieved Veeam Ready qualification. The bigger strategy: Quantum is “ensuring that all its products have a built-in option for ransomware protection and data security,” the company says.
4. Hospitals – Ransomware Risk Mitigation: The Center for Internet Security (CIS) is launching a no-cost ransomware protection service, Malicious Domain Blocking and Reporting (MDBR), for private hospitals in the United States.
5. Growth – SOAR (Security Automation, Orchestration and Response): Cyware, achieved over 120% annual recurring revenue (ARR) growth in 2020, for a second straight year with at least 2X growth, the company says. The company did not disclose actual revenue dollar figures.
6. Growth – Insider Risk Detection and Response: Code42‘s security business grew annual recurring revenue more (ARR) more than 100% in 2020 vs. 2019. The company again expects to deliver more than 100% growth across its security business in 2021. Actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosed.
7. Partner Program – Data Security: Protegrity has launched the Protegrity Partner Network for technology organizations, systems integrators, and value added resellers.
8. Relocation: Quad9, a global, not-for-profit Domain Name System (DNS) security platform has moved its headquarters from California to Zürich, Switzerland supported by Packet Clearing House and SWITCH, the company says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar