Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 February 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. The Road Ahead for MSPs and MSSPs: Check out Sounil Yu’s keynote from the Right of Boom conference right here.
2. KnowBe4 Financial Results: KnowBe4 revenue was $69.3 million in Q4 of 2021, up 40.6 percent from Q4 of 2020, the security awareness training and simulated phishing software company said. Also, Bob Reich will succeed Krish Venkataraman as CFO.
3. DNS Filtering for MSPs: N-able has launched DNS Filtering — which allows MSPs to “proactively safeguard themselves and their customers from threats and cyberattacks from within the N-able N-central dashboard,” the company asserted. ChannelE2E is checking to see if N-able developed this technology in-house or through partnership.
4. SIEM and XDR: CybrHawk has introduced a zero day visibility module to empower MSPs and MSSPs with “advanced visibility for zero day threats along with packet and memory injection attacks,” the company indicated. Next up, CybrHawk plans to announce a remediation service in early March 2022, along with Forensic and DFIR capabilities in late Q1, the company added.
6. Partnership – MDR and Vulnerability Management: IGI’s CyberLabs and SOCSoter have integrated their technologies to “improve continuous monitoring functionality” across MDR, Cloud Monitoring, XDR and more.
7. Partnership – Identity and Access Management (IAM): authID.ai has joined the Microsoft Partner Network, and integrated its facial biometrics solution to Microsoft Office 365 and Azure via Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
9. Security Branding: ESET has launched new branding and a new tagline, “Progress. Protected.”
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- SonicWall Boundless 2022 (Feb 23-24, Virtual)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar