Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Datto for Sale?: That’s the speculation.
3. Funding – Compliance Software for MSSPs: Mainsail Partners has invested $37 million in Apptega, which develops an MSSP-friendly platform designed to simplify cybersecurity and compliance.
4. Funding – SMB Security: Todyl, a channel-friendly security company, has raised a $28 Million in series A funding led by Anthos Capital, with Tech Operators, Blu Ventures, and StoneMill Ventures participating. The Todyl Security platform spans endpoint security (EDR & NGAV), managed eXtended Detection and Response (MXDR) and SIEM capabilities.
5. SaaS XDR – Secureworks Quarterly Results: Secureworks‘ Taegis revenue — which represents SaaS-based XDR capabilities — reached $29.2 million in the MSSP’s latest quarter, up 156% from the corresponding quarter last year. However, overall Secureworks quarterly revenue was $127.9 million — down 8.5 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Secureworks’ stock ($SCWX) fell about 12 percent on the news.
6. Early Stage Venture Capital: Forgepoint Capital claims to have the largest dedicated team in cybersecurity venture capital, including:
- 11 investment professionals;
- 35 active cybersecurity portfolio companies;
- 70+ Advisory Council members;
- $770 million in assets under management (AUM); and
- over $500 million deployed to date.
8. Expanded Partnership – Zero Trust Security: Cloudflare is integrating its Zero Trust platform with CrowdStrike Falcon Zero Trust Assessment (ZTA) to “give joint customers simple and powerful controls to ensure employees have secure access to applications wherever they are working,” the companies said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar