Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 17 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. SC Awards – The Finalists: SC Media, our sister site, has announced this year’s finalists for Best Managed Detection and Response Service and Best Managed Security Service. We’ll share more perspectives soon.
2. M&A and Private Equity – Identity Security: TheSailPoint Technologies “go-shop” period has expired, which means SailPoint’s M&A deal with private equity firm Thoma Bravo is set to move forward. Thoma Bravo announced plans to acquire SailPoint for $6.9 billion in April 2022.
3. Partnership – Microsoft: Syxsense, a provider of security management solutions, is partnering with Microsoft to receive early vulnerability information through the Microsoft Active Protections Program (MAPP).
4. Partnership – IoT Security: The Check Point Quantum IoT Protect Nano Agent will be embedded in Provision-ISR’s CCTV cameras for on-device runtime protection against zero-day attacks, the companies said.
5. Hackers Leverage ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect): Details are here from BlackPoint Cyber.
6. Kubernetes Security Monitoring: Datadog has its platform to simplify the monitoring and security of Kubernetes environments, the company said.
7. Cybersecurity Operations: Comcast has selected ThreatQuotient for various cybersecurity operations needs.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar