Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 17 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSP Security: Pax8‘s cloud commerce marketplace now offers the Todyl security platform to MSPs.
2. Department of Defense Contract: ThunderCat Technology, a VAR, has earned a nine-figure, multiyear security deal with the U.S. Department of Defense. The deal includes a $67 million purchase order for Palo Alto Networks security capabilities, including an attack surface management solution.
3. Funding – AppSecOps: ArmorCode has raised $14 million in Series A funding led by Ballistic Ventures, the security-focused venture capital firm founded by Kevin Mandia, Barmak Meftah, Ted Schlein, Jake Seid, and Roger Thornton.
4. Multi-Cloud Security Posture Management: Balbix has also extended its Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM) solution to support multi-cloud environments across Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
5. Identity Security: Authomize has launched an Identity Threat Detection and Response (ITDR) Platform for customers’ cloud-based systems.
6. Email Security: Abnormal Security has launched security posture management capabilities to further safeguard email platforms from attacks.
7. AWS Data Security: Laminar‘s Cloud Data Security Platform is now available via the AWS Marketplace. Laminar has also joined the AWS Partner Network.
8. Partnership – Middle East Cybersecurity: Resecurity of Los Angeles has partnered with Saudi Cybersecurity Company (CyberKSA) of Saudi Arabia (KSA). The relationship will promote cyber threat intelligence (CTI), dark web monitoring (DWM), digital risk management (DRM), fraud prevention (FP) and identity protection (IDP) products to consumer and enterprise organizations across the Middle East.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)