Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Top 200 MSSPs 2020: MSSP Alert will unveil the Top 200 MSSPs for 2020 during a webcast today. Can join us live? Register anyway and tune in on-demand at a future date. The list and research identify and honor the top MSSPs, managed detection and response (MDR) and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
2. M&A: Check Point Software Technologies is acquiring Odo Security for secure remote access technology, the companies have disclosed.
3. Talent & MSSP Engagement- Security Information and Event Management): Securonix has named Brett Bowman as CFO and Dilshan Ratnayake as chief people officer. The SIEM software company also added product engineering leadership from companies including Amazon, Microsoft and IBM, Securonix says. Meanwhile, Securonix says it’s gaining momentum with MSSP partners. We’ll share more details soon.
4. Funding – IoT Security: Sternum has raised $6.5 million in Series A funding, led by Square Peg venture capital. Additional investors include Merle Hinrich, European venture capital firm btov, and private investors including Boston-based veteran entrepreneur Eyal Shavit and CyberArk founder and CEO Udi Mokady.
5. SD-WANs: Palo Alto Networks has unveiled a next-generation SD-WAN solution, the company says.
6. Ransomeware Attacks Hospital: University Hospital New Jersey (UHNJ) has suffered a data breach involving SunCrypt ransomware.
7. United States vs APT41: The US government has filed charges against five Chinese nationals for hacking into more than 100 companies across the world, part of a state-sponsored hacking group known as APT41, ZDnet reports.
8. Remote Security: ESET has launched an ESET Remote Workforce Offer, a bundle created to help SMBs save money and prevent ransomware and malicious threats, the sofware company says.
9. Container Security: SentinelOne has launched a new Automated Application Control Engine designed to secure cloud and containerized workloads without human intervention, the endpoint protection company says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar