Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Government Security – Microsoft Active Directory: Attivo Networks ADAssessor has been added to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Approved Products List (APL). ADAssessor assists in finding, documenting, and remediating exposures within Microsoft Active Directory (AD), and limits the adversary’s ability to identify sensitive targets, compromise misconfigurations, move laterally and gain persistence, Attivo asserts.
2. Government Security – Voice Communications: BlackBerry SecuSUITE for Government now provides certified end-to-end encryption of all group phone calls and instant messages for governments and enterprises alike, the company says.
3. Government Security – Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): CrowdStrike Falcon Forensics is now available with FedRAMP authorization.
4. IPO – Identity Software: ForgeRock, as expected, has launched an initial public offering. Shares in $FORG surged more than 40 percent on the company’s opening day.
5. Chief Information Security Officer (CISO): Ping Identity has hired Groupon, CBS Interactive, McAfee and Oracle veteran Jason Kees as CISO.
6. Hackers Target ManageEngine Vulnerability: The exploit involves ManageEngine’s ADSelfService Plus, the CISA and FBI warn.
7. Microsoft Security Fix: Microsoft has released an update to fix a remote code execution vulnerability in Azure Linux OMI (Open Management Infrastructure). Without the fix, an attacker could use this vulnerability to take control of an affected system, the CISA asserts.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
2. Integration – Zero Trust Security: Guardicore has announced a new technology integration with Fortinet. The move allows “security teams to simplify Zero Trust architecture enforcement while driving innovation in dynamic hybrid environments,” the two companies assert.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Sumo Logic Illuminate 2021 User Conference (September 28-29, Virtual)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- Innovate 2021 Cybersecurity Summit (October 3-6, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar