Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 18 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partnership – Security and Data Protection: Kyndryl and Dell Technologies have partnered to promote security and resiliency solutions. Kyndryl spun off from IBM in November 2021, and is now a standalone enterprise MSP. Kyndryl has spent recent months inking partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Nokia and other major players worldwide.
- Vulnerability management;
- data classification tags by asset;
- asset secure configurations; and
- Additional risk data points through CYRISMA’s grading system, the companies said.
3. MSSP Service Expansion: Infopercept, an MSSP, has launched Invinsense 3.0 — a managed security services platform that integrates various XDR, patch management, MDR and compliance capabilities.
4. FBI Warning – Cryptocurrency Theft: The FBI continues to combat malicious cyber activity including the threat posed by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea to the U.S. and our private sector partners, an FBI alert notes. Among the updates to note: Lazarus Group and APT38, cyber actors associated with the DPRK, are responsible for the theft of $620 million in Ethereum reported on March 29, the FBI said.
6. Quantum Computing – Encryption Security Debate: Security startup Arqit has given investors an overly optimistic view of its future revenue and the readiness and workability of its signature encryption system, The Wall Street Journal reports.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar