Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – Secure Data Access Cloud: Satori Cyber has emerged from stealth mode with $5.25 million in seed funding led by YL Ventures.
2. Talent – IT Associations: ID Agent Chief Marketing Officer Dana Liedholm has been elected to CompTIA’s IT Security Community Executive Council. Liedholm has played a key role in ID Agent’s partner program growth. The program offers dark web monitoring capabilities to MSPs. Kaseya, ID Agent’s parent, is n0w emulating many of those partner program best practices.
3. Talent – Multimedia Privacy Software: PeerStream, a maker of security and privacy solutions for multimedia communication and data transmission, has named Jason Katz as the CEO, replacing Alex Harrington, who had served in the position since October 2015.
4. Talent: Tenable has hired Marty Edwards as VP of operational technology (OT) security.
5. Privileged Account Management (PAM): SecureONE, a PAM platform from Remediant has gained (1) local administrator account access management and (2) enhanced privileged access management capabilities.
6. Email Security – Intellectual Property: Avanan has been granted a new U.S. Patent for its email-based Shadow IT Discovery. The patent covers technology that detects and monitors usage of cloud services based on analysis of corporate email, Avanan says.
7. Point of Sale (POS) Attacks: Visa says criminal hacking group FIN8 has recently carried out three attacks against point-of-sale (POS) systems, including two against North American fuel dispenser merchants, Security Boulevard reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. AWS Cloud Partner: Checkmarx has been accepted into the AWS Public Sector Partner Program. The company also has AWS Security Competency status, making it the first application security software provider to hold both certifications, Checkmarx asserts.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.