Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 February 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Threat Defense Ecosystem: MITRE Engenuity, MITRE’s tech foundation for public good, and its Center for Threat-Informed Defense has launched an affiliate program for organizations that “advance state-of-the-art and practice in threat-informed defense,” the organization said.
2. Talent: Deep Instinct has named Mike Saletta as area VP of Americas Channels; Joe Santamorena as area VP of Global MSSP Programs, and Phanneth Wood as director of global distribution.
3. IoT Security Standards: More than 100 technology and cybersecurity entities are calling for governments and industry to move towards universal Internet of Things (IoT) device security standards, SC Media reported. In a letter released February 17, 2022, 104 different organizations – including Google, Microsoft, Deloitte Consumer Reports, the Center for Internet Security, and the Cyber Threat Alliance – said there is a “global consensus” forming around the need for IoT security standards that must be addressed through a mix of government regulation and voluntary private sector action, SC Media added.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- SonicWall Boundless 2022 (Feb 23-24, Virtual)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar