Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 June 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – Security Analytics: Uptycs, a provider of SQL-powered security analytics, has raised $30 million in Series B funding led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from existing investors Comcast Ventures and ForgePoint Capital. This round of funding brings the company’s total funding to $43 million.
2. Talent: FireEye has hired former Thomson Reuters CISO Brad Maiorino as chief strategy officer. Maiorino will work with customers to deploy cybersecurity and risk management solutions. He reports to CEO Kevin Mandia.
3. Partnership – BlackBerry and Intel: BlackBerry Optics v2.5.1100 with cryptomining and cryptojacking detection is now available for Intel-based commercial PCs. The BlackBerry software leverages CPU telemetry from Intel Threat Detection Technology (Intel TDT).
4. Partnership – Industrial Cybersecurity: Belden, a supplier of specialty networking solutions, and its Tripwire and Hirschmann brands have announced an extended partnership with Forescout, to advance cybersecurity for industrial organizations and critical infrastructure. The companies will “introduce enhanced joint offerings to address industry needs for network segmentation and threat detection to maintain visibility to and protection from cyber events that threaten safety, productivity, and quality,” the announcement says.
5. Partnership – Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Bitglass now integrates with Cisco’s Duo Security. Together, Bitglass and Duo balance enterprise-grade access control and data protection to support a global, remote, and multi-device workforce, the companies say.
6. Machine Learning and Firewalls: Palo Alto Networks has launched the ML-Powered Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW). The firewall embeds machine learning (ML) in the core to proactively assist in intelligently stopping threats, securing IoT devices, and recommending security policies, the company asserts.
7, Government Cloud Security: McAfee has received an Other Transaction Authority (OTA) award from the Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) to prototype a Secure Cloud Management platform. McAfee will prototype its MVISION Unified Cloud Edge (UCE) cybersecurity solution to control access to cloud applications for an initial selection of government-owned workloads, the company says.
8. SD-WANs: The Fortinet Secure SD-WAN has been certified to support MEF 3.0 SD-WAN services. This certification aims to establish a common language for defining SD-WAN technologies and enables communication service and technology providers to validate that their solutions comply with the highest industry standards for performance, assurance, and agility, Fortinet notes.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar