Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. LokiLocker Ransomware: BlackBerry Threat Intelligence has identified a new Ransomware-as-a-Service (Raas) family known as LokiLocker.
2. Kaspersky Under Pressure: Italy’s government is poised to curb the use of Kaspersky’s software in the public sector in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, fearing Moscow could hijack the programs to hack key websites, Reuters reported. Kaspersky has repeatedly dismissed such concerns.
3. Satellite Cybersecurity Guidance: The CISA and FBI are aware of possible threats to U.S. and international satellite communications (SATCOM) networks, according to a CISA warning.
4. Fortinet Service Provider Partnerships: Fortinet outlined partner milestones here.
5. Launch – Risk Management: Ostrich Cyber-Risk has launched Birdseye, a solution for cyber risk analysis and reporting.
6. Partner Program – XDR: Anomali has launched the Anomali Resilience Partner Program for Global Systems Integrators (GSIs), Value Added Resellers (VARs) and Distributors.
7. Attack Surface Management: Praetorian has introduced Chariot, an attack surface management (ASM) platform that includes offensive security managed service.
8. Partnership: Keep an eye on this relationship involving LimaCharlie and SOC Prime.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar