2. Expansion – Security Operations Center (SOC):Abacode plans to open a second 24/7 Security Operations Center in Las Vegas. Abacode’s SOC services span SIEM (security information and event management), IDS (intrusion detection system) and EDR (endpoint detection and response) solutions. Due to their growth in this area, there was a need to continue bringing redundant capabilities for clients and partners.
3. Investment – Mobile Security: One Equity Partners has acquired a stake in Verimatrix. The seller was Jolt Capital.
4. Encryption – Video Conferencing:Tauria, a software encryption company, has released a secure video conferencing and business suite, the Waterloo, Ontario-based company says.
5. Ransomware Attacks New Jersey Town: A ransomware attack last week impacted Bernards Township, New Jersey, computer systems and the township’s website went offline, GovTech reports.
6. Ransomware Attack Update: The criminal group behind the REvil (Sodinokibi) ransomware is extorting a New York-based law firm, threatening to release sensitive files on the company’s celebrity clients unless the the firm pays a whopping $42 million ransom demand, ZDNet reports.
7. SIEM Subscription: LogRhythm has introduced a Remote Workforce Visibility promotion for the next six months. Details are here.