Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 18 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. Breach Disclosure Policies – India: India will not change upcoming cybersecurity rules that force social media, technology companies and cloud service providers to report data breaches swiftly, despite growing industry concerns, Reuters reported.
3. Funding – Data Protection: Seclore has raised $27 million in Series C funding led by Chicago-based Origami Capital Partners and Salt Lake City-based Oquirrh Ventures.
4. SaaS Security: Augmentt Secure now includes managed multi-factor authentication (MFA) alerting and remediation for Microsoft 365 environments.
6. IT Asset Management: Sevco Security has enhanced its Asset Correlation Engine. The result: Security teams can automatically surface security gaps across siloed tools, the company asserts.
7. Partner Program – API Protection: ThreatX has launched the Xcellerate Partner Program for VARs, distributors and MSPs. The program includes:
- Deal registration and qualified lead delivery
- Sales and technical enablement with certifications
- Tiered program levels with corresponding discounts
- Co-marketing programs and funds
- Streamlined procurement with the ThreatX platform and managed services under one SKU
9. Cyber Insurance Rates: Insurers significantly increased premiums for cyber coverage over the course of 2021, as a string of high-profile attacks and government action helped boost demand for products, data collected by industry bodies shows, The Wall Street Journal reports. Direct-written premiums collected by the largest U.S. insurance carriers in 2021 swelled by 92% year-over-year, according to information submitted to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, an industry watchdog, and compiled by ratings firms, the Journal added.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar