Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 November 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Clinical Security Operations Center (SOC): Medigate has launched a Clinical Security Operations Center (SOC) solution to help Splunk users at healthcare organizations. The Clinical SOC allows users to identify and respond to threats from connected medical and IoT devices on the network, Medigate asserts.
3. Microsoft and Linux Security: Microsoft is previewing its endpoint detection and response (EDR) software for Linux servers. The offering is part of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
4. Threat Hunting: Cobwebs Technologies has launched a web investigation platform.
5. 5G Network Security: Palo Alto Networks has launched a 5G-native security offering…
6. Unicorn Funding – Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Cato Networks has raised $130 million in Series E funding led by Lightspeed Venture Partners with participation of a new investor, Coatue, and existing investors, Greylock, Aspect Ventures / Acrew Capital, Singtel Innov8, and Shlomo Kramer. Before the round, Cato was valued at $1 billion.
8. Rebrand – Wireless IoT Security: LOCH Technologies has rebranded from its former company name (802 Secure). LOCH provides solutions that support 5G smart connected devices being used by its customers, across critical infrastructure organizations, like oil, gas and energy, healthcare and smart manufacturing organizations, as well as government agencies.
9. Identity and Access Management (IAM): Saviynt, a provider of intelligent identity and access governance solutions, has released Saviynt 2020. The platform is helping 1.6 million users at major global organizations to manage risk, scale cloud initiatives, and maintain regulatory compliance, Saviynt asserts.