Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Executive Leadership – Government Cybersecurity: Presidio, an IT solutions provider with a Top 250 MSSP business unit, has hired Dan Lohrmann as the company’s field chief information security officer (CISO) for the Public Sector. Joining Presidio’s cybersecurity team, Lohrmann will be advising state and local agencies as well as educational institutions on the best strategies for securing their technology infrastructure, Presidio indicated.
2. Cybersecurity SPAC: ShoulderUP Technology Acquisition, a blank check company, raised $265 million in an IPO. The SPAC plans to target businesses in the technology and cybersecurity sectors, Renaissance Capital reports.
3. Data Sovereignty and Managed Services: Atos has launched Atos OneCloud Sovereign Shield, a” set of solutions, methodologies, and operational cloud services that is unique on the market, enabling clients across the world to meet the challenges of managing their data in the edge to cloud continuum, in line with the highest jurisdictional data governance requirements,” the company said.
4. Threat Detection: SOC Prime, which runs a threat detection marketplace, has released Quick Hunt, a module powered by SOC Prime’s Detection as Code platform. Quick Hunt “delivers one-click threat hunting capabilities to security teams across the world,” SOC Prime asserted.
5. XDR Alliance: CyberArk and Recorded Future are joining the XDR Alliance, an organization launched earlier this year by Exabeam. Te alliance seeks to “maintain a collaborative security ecosystem and promote continuous improvement and awareness around cybersecurity.”