Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. T-Mobile Cyberattack Investigation: The FCC is investigating the T-Mobile data breach…
2. Distribution – Software Firewalls: Ingram Micro‘s Emerging Business Group has agreed to distribute Corsa Security to U.S. channel partners. Corsa Security is a virtualization solution to automatically deploy and operate virtual firewalls.
3. Talent – Cloud-Native Security: Aqua Security has hired Onapsis veteran Christopher Smith as chief revenue officer (CRO). Smith’s career includes working for companies that navigated two IPOs and five M&A deals — including Invincea (acquired by Sophos), ArcSight (acquired by Hewlett Packard) and Mercury Interactive (acquired by Hewlett Packard), Aqua Security notes.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24, Virtual Event)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar