Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Launch – SMB Security Business: CyberCatch has launched its business to focus on cybersecurity Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to protect small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
2. New Fund – Cybersecurity & Managed IT Services: Worklyn Partners has built a $35 million fund that’s focused on the IT services and cybersecurity markets. Worklyn’s vision is to create a one-stop-shop for integrated cybersecurity and managed IT services, the investor indicated.
3. Executive Leadership – Cloud Security Services: Neustar Security Services has named Colin Doherty to succeed Brian McCann as CEO. Doherty joins Neustar Security Services from Wavecrest Growth Partners, where he served as a Growth Partner and oversaw strategic growth agendas for portfolio company investments, Neustart indicated.
4. MSSP Partnership – Nordics: Resecurity of the United States and SecureIT of Iceland have partnered to expand Resecurity’s AI-driven cybersecurity services to the Nordic region, the two companies said.
5. Channel Chief – Application Security and Compliance: Onapsis has hired Rocco Donnino as senior VP of global strategic alliances and channels. In his role, Donnino will be responsible for scaling The Onapsis Platform’s reach through global system integrators, value-added resellers (VARs), managed service providers (MSPs), and technology alliances.
6. Partnership – Government Threat Modeling: Automated threat modeling company IriusRisk and Methods have partnered to “deliver embedded threat modeling to improve the security of public sector services,” the companies said.
7. Partnership – SOC and Splunk: The SOC Prime CCM App for Splunk has been vetted for the Splunk Cloud Platform, enabling security teams to “stream real-time relevant content from the SOC Prime Threat Detection Marketplace to both on-premises and cloud-based Splunk environments,” the companies said.
9. Malicious And Phishing Domains: Kaspersky has launched a Takedown Service that manages the elimination of malicious and phishing domains.
10. Password Management: Specops Software, a provider of password management and user authentication solutions, onboarded 420 new customers globally in 2021 and reaching 30% revenue growth YoY. Actual revenue dollar figures and EBITDA results were not disclosed.
11. Firewall: Check Point Software has launched new Quantum Lightspeed Firewalls. The security company says the firewalls offer:
- Five times better firewall throughput (up to 3 Tbps per system / 800 Gbps per single gateway);
- 10 times faster (ultra-low latency at 3 microseconds); and
- 20 times better price performance than competing solutions — though rival options and performance metrics were not mentioned by name.
The new firewalls, available through Check Point channel partners, leverage ASIC technology developed by NVIDIA.