Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 May 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Partner program – MSSPs: SlashNext, a provider of real-time anti-phishing and incident response solutions, has helped a channel program for MSSPs, original equipment manufacturers (OEM), managed detection and response (MDR) providers, VARs, carrier and technology partners.
2. Partner Program – Physical Security: Deep Sentinel, a provider of virtual security services for physical infrastructure, has launched a partner program to support security integrators, MSPs and AV dealers. Deep Sentinel’s weatherproof cameras use AI to detect potential threats, and alert the company’s LiveSentinel guards to any unusual activity. Guards can then intervene through the system’s two-way audio and 104dB siren, with the ability to contact local law enforcement within seconds, if necessary. The service is utilized in both residential and business settings to prevent break-ins, package theft, vandalism, and more. Deep Sentinel Chief Revenue Officer Chris Sterbenc is driving the partner effort.
3. Cyber Insurance – California: Cowbell Cyber, a cyber insurance provider to small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs), has launched Cowbell Prime 100, a standalone cyber insurance product for SMBs in the State of California. It features a coverage limit up to $5M.
4. REvil Ransomware Attacks: The hacker group claims it has data associated with President Trump, Lady Gaga and now… Madonna. DarkOwl shares details.
5. Threat Hunting: Stellar Cyber has released its Cloud Detection & Response (CDR) App, which secures SaaS apps and protects public cloud infrastructure with automated attack detection, both manual and automated threat hunting, pre-built compliance reports, manual and automated responses, and more.
6. Funding: Source Defense, a provider of Client-side Web Security. has raised $10.5 million in Series A+ funding, adding Capital One Ventures as an investor alongside existing investors.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar