Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP): 19 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – Threat Management Marketplace: SOC Prime, a Boston, Massachusetts-based startup developing a threat detection marketplace, has raised $11.5 million funding round led by DNX Ventures with participation from Streamlined Ventures and Rembrandt Venture Partners.
2. Funding – SASE: Cato Networks has raised $200 million at a market valuation of $2.5 billion.
3. Funding – Cloud Directory Services: JumpCloud has raised $225 million series F with additional $66 million raised from Atlassian Ventures, CrowdStrike Falcon Fund, and NTT Docomo Ventures, among others.
4. Funding – Zero Trust & Application Security: Valence, a cybersecurity startup focused on zero trust principles in the Business Application Mesh, announced $7 million in seed funding led by YL Ventures.
5. Endpoint Security: ManageEngine, the enterprise IT management division of Zoho Corporation, has added data loss prevention for endpoints, anti-ransomware and endpoint compliance capabilities to its unified endpoint management (UEM) solution, Desktop Central.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Integration – MDR and Microsoft: CriticalStart’s Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services now support Microsoft 365 Defender.
2. MSSP and Data Protection: GM Sectec, an MSSP, has partnered with Commvault to provide businesses with automated disaster recovery and business continuity from large-scale ransomware attacks, the two companies said.
3. MSSPs and Data Analytics: Splunk Partnerverse Program to empower its network of over 2,200 partners to expand technical expertise, demonstrate core competencies with a new badge system, and showcase joint customer success. BlueVoyant, deepwatch, Orange Cyberdefense, TekStream.
4. Multi-Cloud Infrastructure Automation Software: The HashiCorp Partner Network has surpassed 170 technology partners with more than 300 verified integrations, the company said.
5. Asia Cyber Intelligence: Ensign InfoSecurity, which claims to be Asia’s largest pure-play cybersecurity firm, has partnered with Intel 471, a cybercrime intelligence provider. The partnership “provides actionable intelligence and deeper insight on the threat landscape, enabling enterprises to proactively detect and contain targeted and advanced threats,” the two companies said.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 27, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar