Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Government MSSPs: Here’s how the U.S. Infrastructure Bill may influence your business.
2. Integration – MDR and Endpoint Protection: Blackpoint Cyber, which provides real-time threat detection and response for MSPs, now integrates with BlackBerry’s Cylance endpoint protection software. The integration “ensures Blackpoint customers using Cylance’s next-generation antivirus solution have immediate access to enhanced Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services,” Blackpoint asserts.
4. Talent – Government Cybersecurity Services: Sphere, a woman-owned, government-focused cybersecurity business, has hired Forcepoint veteran James Wilde as global head of security strategy.
5. DDoS Attack Mitigation: Cloudflare earlier this summer automatically detected and mitigated a 17.2 million request-per-second (rps) DDoS attack. The event was nearly three times larger than any previous DDoS attack that Cloudflare has tracked, the company says.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24, Virtual Event)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar