Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 January 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Talent: SKOUT Cybersecurity, a Top 250 MSSP, has hired:
- Secureworks veteran Uday Banerjee as VP of service lifecycle;
- Deloitte veteran Peterson Gutierrez as VP of information security; and
- Webroot veteran Greg Luebke as a channel sales executive.
2. Malwarebytes Hacked: Malwarebytes said on Tuesday that some of its emails were breached by the same hackers who hit SolarWinds, Reuters reports. However, SolarWinds’ software was not involved in the Malwarebytes hack.
3. IObit Hacked: Windows utility developer IObit was hacked over the weekend. The attack seeks to distribute DeroHE ransomware to its forum members, Bleeping Computer reports.
4. SD-WANs: Fortinet has announced the official roll-out of the company’s SD-WAN ASIC-based FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls with the FortiGate 200F series.
5. Partner Program – Identity Management: Sectigo, a provider of digital identity management and web security solutions, has launched a Secure Partner Program.The company already has 1,200 partners worldwide.
7. Microsoft Azure Security: Digital Shadows customers using Microsoft Azure Active Directory services can now gain near real-time alerts when the login credentials of their employees are deemed to be at risk. The capability leverages integration between Digital Shadows SearchLight and Azure AD.
8. Growth – Security Assurance: Tugboat Logic generated 300% year-over-year growth in 2020 vs. 2019, though actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar