Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Top 200 MSSPs Survey: Participate here and your MSSP could be ranked among the world’s Top 200 MSSPs when we unveil 2020 survey and research results in September.
2. Service Provider Hacked: Telecom S.A., the largest telecommunications company in Argentina, has suffered a ransomware attack, Crypto News reports. Hackers are demanding $US7.5 million to be paid until the night of Tuesday, July 21. If the company does not meet the deadline, the payable amount will rise to US$15 million, the report says.
3. Emotet Botnets Resurface: After five months of absence, the dreaded Emotet has returned, Malwarebytes reports.
4. Talent – Operational Technology Security: Claroty has named Yaniv Vardi as CEO.
5. Partnership – IoT Security: Ordr, which provides security for unmanaged devices and the enterprise Internet of Things (IoT), has announced an expanded partnership with Check Point Software Technologies and availability of its products on the Check Point Global Price List.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar