Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 July 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. XDR (eXtended Detection and Response): Stellar Cyber has introduced XDR Kill Chain– which serves as a blueprint for “killing” or stopping an attack, rather than just as model to portray single-dimensional attack progression, the company says. We’ll share more details later today.
3. Partnership – Risk Mitigation: TechAssure has partnered with RiskAnalytics and ICE Cybersecurity to launch a cyber insurance solution called The ShadowNet Program. The result: Insureds can now participate “in a global network for cyber threat information-sharing and blocking of malicious IP addresses, all in real-time – effectively minimizing ransomware exposure,” the companies say.
4. Partnership – IT Consulting: Incedo has consolidated its cybersecurity stack by standardizing on Check Point Software solutions, including Check Point Quantum Security Gateways, Check Point Harmony Endpoint and Check Point R80 Security Management.
5. Detection and Response vs. Kaseya VSA Attack: Third-party perspectives about the recent Kaseya VSA cyberattack continue to surface. Among the viewpoints to consider: A.N. Ananth, president and chief strategy officer of Netsurion, in the video below describes how the master MSSP responded to the attack and what lessons were learned.
6. Video Security and Analytics: Motorola Solutions is promoting the Compass Decision Management System. Compass provides organizations with security intelligence that “helps users prevent human error by outlining standard procedures, automating incident reporting and highlighting key performance indicators to achieve effective and consistent outcomes,” Motorola Solutions says.
7. Risk Assessment Services: BKD Cyber has launched a new ransomware risk assessment service. The service tests a variety of controls, including remote access configuration, phishing prevention, email and web protection, access controls, endpoint monitoring, end-user awareness and backup resiliency, the company says.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar