Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 20 October 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
3. Ransomware Attacks – Negotiation Training: GroupSense has launched a Ransomware Negotiation Training service offering. The service involves a three-day, in-person training session includes negotiation experts at GroupSense and Max Negotiating.
4. Incident Response Services: Presidio, a global digital services and IT solution provider, has announced an Active Response Solution Set to “help clients be prepared for a ransomware event with Assessments, Preparedness, Active Response, and Recovery,” the company said.
5. Incident Response Solution: Cybellum has released a new Product Incident Response module that helps Product Security Incident Response Teams (PSIRT) to “monitor and investigate threats related to devices that are already in operational use in the field,” the company said.
6. Partnership – Threat Management: Inspira Enterprise has inked a strategic alliance with Trellix (formerly FireEye and McAfee Enterprise). The partnership extends Trellix XDR with Inspira’s detection and response capabilities.
7. Partnership – Mobile and Cloud Security: CWSI, a mobile and cloud security specialist in Europe, will become one of the first Samsung Knox Managed Service Providers (MSP) in the UK and Ireland, the companies said.
8. Threat Intelligence: Kaspersky’s Threat Intelligence Portal has extended the functionality of its free services to help enterprises speed up and improve threat analysis, the company said.
9. Mobile Security: RSA has introduced RSA Mobile Lock to “detect critical threats on mobile devices” and “restrict users from authenticating into secured corporate systems, preventing a threat from expanding beyond one compromised device to other users, data, and systems,” the company said.
11. Rebrand: Cyber Security 1 AB’s reseller division is rebranding worldwide as CYBER1 Solutions.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2022 (October 26-28, In-person and Virtual)
- Forrester Security and Risk Conference 2022 (November 8-9, Washington, D.C.)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)