Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partner Program – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Alert Logic, a Top 250 MSSP, has expanded its MSP pipeline by nearly 150 percent while growing bookings by 70 percent of the past year — though actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosed Key MSP partners in the program include Mission and OneNeck, Alert Logic noted.
2. Free REvil Ransomware Decryptor: Details from Bitdefender are here.
3. Financing – Identity Software: Saviynt has closed $130 million financing from HPS Investment Partners and PNC Bank. The identity solution provider generated 64 percent growth in new business over the past year, although actual top-line revenue figures and bottom-line profit figures were not disclosed.
4. End of Microsoft Passwords?: Microsoft describes a future without passwords here.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Sumo Logic Illuminate 2021 User Conference (September 28-29, Virtual)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- Innovate 2021 Cybersecurity Summit (October 3-6, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar