Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP): 21 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. XDR Services: FireEye has expanded its Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform to include a new Mandiant Automated Defense module, creating a multi-vendor XDR capability, the company says.
2. Talent – MDR and U.S. National Security: eSentire veteran Amit Mital has been appointed by the White House as senior director in the National Security Council and special assistant to the president. In his new role, Mital will focus on cybersecurity strategy and policy. Mital concluded his work with eSentire and began his new position as senior director in the National Security Council on April 19, eSentire says.
4. Partnership: Source Defense and Prevalent have partnered to identify threats and protect online businesses against automated and client-side attacks exploiting third-party code and website access, the companies say.
5. Cloud-based SIEM: Securonix has unveiled Securonix Jupiter, the latest release of its cloud-native SIEM platform. New and enhanced features “provide customers with the ability to detect and respond to advanced threats more quickly and accurately, deliver better time-to-value and user experiences for security analysts, and add flexible SaaS service options to optimize cost and performance,” Securonix says.
6. SaaS and Government Compliance: Merlin Cyber has launched Constellation GovCloud, a managed service that is designed to accelerate Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) authorization for SaaS companies.
7. Funding – Passwordless Security: HYPR has raised $35 million in a Series C financing, doubling the company’s total funding to over $70 million. The investment is led by Advent International through Advent Tech, the firm’s dedicated global technology fund.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar