Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 February 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. RSA Conference News: Track our RSA Conference 2020 news and analysis content here.
2. Encryption Regulations: U.S. legislation will be introduced in the coming weeks that could hurt technology companies’ ability to offer end-to-end encryption, Reuters reports.
3. Funding – Cyber Insurance: At-Bay has completed a $34 million Series B funding round led by Acrew Capital and Munich Re Ventures. Existing investors Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer also participated in the round. With the new investment, At-Bay has raised a total of $51 million to date, the cyber insurance startup says.
4. Research – Incident Response Investigations: FireEye has released the FireEye Mandiant M-Trends 2020 report. The report features statistics and insights gleaned from FireEye Mandiant investigations around the globe in 2019.
5. Cyber Attacks – Russia Responsible?: Britain and the United States joined Georgia in blaming Russia for a large-scale cyber attack last year that knocked thousands of Georgian websites offline and disrupted national television broadcasts, Reuters reports.
6. Don’t Pay the Ransomware: Switzerland’s Reporting and Analysis Centre for Information Assurance (MELANI) has issued an urgent security notice addressing Swiss-based companies that have recently suffered cyber-attacks, Security Boulevard reports.
7. Microsoft Threat Protection: Here’s what’s new.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Network Security – Launch and Funding: Zero Networks has unveiled the Zero Networks Access Orchestrator, a network security platform that automatically defines, enforces and adapts user- and machine-level network access policies to create a continuous zero trust network model, the company said. Also, Zero Networks raised $4.65 million in seed funding, led by F2 Capital and Pico Venture Partners.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar