Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Top 200 MSSPs Survey: Participate here and your MSSP could be ranked among the world’s Top 200 MSSPs when we unveil 2020 survey and research results in September.
2. M&A – Security and Automation: HelpSystems is acquiring GlobalSCAPE to further focus on trusted security and automation solutions. GlobalSCAPE focuses on secure managed file transfer software. HelpSystems develops IT automation software.
3. SOAR Platform: StratoZen’s new ZenSight 2.0 client portal combining all aspects of StratoZen’s SOAR platform, SIEM, SOCaaS, threat intelligence, and compliance solutions into a single interface for its service provider partners and enterprise clients.
4. Automation – Security Operations: Ivanti has unveiled Ivanti Neurons, an automation platform that empowers organizations to proactively, predictably and autonomously self-heal and self-secure devices, and self-service end users, the company asserts.
5. MSSP Partnership – European SMB Security: Vodafone Business is teaming with Accenture to deliver managed security services to small to medium enterprises (SME) and national corporate customers in Europe, the companies say.
6. NOC/SOC Managed Services: Thales Group has launched a new Network Operations Center (NOC)/ Cybersecurity Operations Center (SOC) in the Netherlands.
7. Endpoint Detection: Attivo Networks today new capabilities to its Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) solution that prevent attackers from fingerprinting an endpoint to identify security weaknesses and from conducting reconnaissance, the company says.
8. Talent: Breach Secure Now has hired CorKat veteran Tracie Crites as executive director of marketing.
9. Cyberattack Research: These countries experienced the most significant cyberattacks, according to Specops research.
10. Partner Program – Endpoint Security: The Automox Partner Program, led by VP of Channel Russell Eddleman as VP of Channel, has launched.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar