Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 21 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. XDR Sensors: Stellar Cyber has launched security sensors that enable MSSP and enterprise users to “deploy 360-degree security coverage and a multi-modal detection strategy in every environment.” The sensors are “particularly ideal for MSSPs who want to offer SOC-in-a-box services to a broader set of customers that may have a smaller footprint, yet still want comprehensive security coverage at a competitive price,” Stellar Cyber asserted.
2. Partnership – Managed XDR: CyberProof, a UST company, is collaborating with Microsoft to provide Managed Extended Detection and Response (MXDR) capabilities for Microsoft Security Services for Enterprise.
3. Talent – XDR for MSSPs and MSPs: Netsurion has hired Rapid7 veteran John Addeo as chief revenue officer.
5. MSP Software – Data Protection: Cove Data Protection, N-able’s data protection platform for MSPs, has gained a standby image capability. The result: MSPs can “create, manage, and report on virtual server images in the partner’s location of choice, ready for fast and flexible disaster recovery, without an expensive proprietary appliance,” the company said.
6. Zero Trust and SASE: The Cloudflare One platform now features email security protection, data loss prevention tools, cloud access security broker (CASB), and private network discovery capabilities.
7. Funding – Application Detection and Response: RevealSecurity has raised $23 million in Series A funding led by SYN ventures, with participation from Hanaco Ventures, SilverTech Ventures and World Trade Ventures.
8. Research – Security Awareness Training: In 84% of cases, security awareness training increased employees’ understanding of security instructions, according to KnowBe4 research. Still, keep in mind that KnowBe4 promotes and sells a security awareness training platform.
9. Robert Half Cyberattack: HR consulting firm Robert Half has started informing customers that their personal and financial information might have been compromised after hackers targeted their RobertHalf.com accounts, SecurityWeek reported.
10. Capital One Hacker Convicted: A former Amazon engineer who was accused of stealing customers’ personal information from Capital One in one of the largest breaches in the United States was found guilty of wire fraud and hacking charges, The New York Times reported.
11. Inverse Finance Hack: Inverse Finance on June 16 suffered another attack, with an oracle price manipulation exploit allowing a hacker to steal about $1.3 million and resulting in a loss of $5.8 million for the protocol, CryptoSlate reported.
12. Zero Day Firewall Attacks: Alleged Chinese hackers used a zero-day exploit for a critical-severity vulnerability in Sophos Firewall to compromise a company and breach cloud-hosted web servers operated by the victim, BleepingComputer reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar