Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 21 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor James.Masters@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Mergers and Acquisitions: Here’s a list of 146 MSSP buyers, sellers and private equity investors.
2. Top Seven SOC Analyst Challenges: They include too many alerts, too many false positives, understaffed security teams, poor visibility in environments, spending too much time on manual tasks, compliance challenges and limited security budgets, according to Swimlane.
3. National Security Operations Center (NSOC): The Morrison Center at the National Security Agency (NSA) Fort Meade East Campus is beginning to welcome its first occupants, Homeland Security Today reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)