Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Top 250 MSSPs 2020: MSSP Alert unveiled the Top 250 MSSPs for 2020 on September 17. Find the entire list of honorees and research results here.
2. Cyber Insurance – Law Firms: USI Affinity and the American Bar Association (ABA) have partnered with Crum & Forster to offer a cyber liability insurance program for law firms nationwide, Insurance Journal reports.
3. Critical Windows Server Bug: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has issued an emergency alert requiring all federal departments and agencies to immediately patch any Windows servers vulnerable to the so-called Zerologon attack by today (Monday, September 21), citing an “unacceptable risk” to government networks, TechCrunch reports.
4. Phishing Attacks – Training and Mitigation: Researchers at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have developed a new method called the Phish Scale that could help organizations better train their employees to avoid a particularly dangerous form of cyberattack known as phishing, NIST asserts.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar