Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 22 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSSP Up for Sale?: Trustwave may gain a new owner, a report suggests.
3. NSO Group Layoffs, CEO Departure: Israeli spyware firm NSO Group said CEO Shalev Hulio is stepping down. COO Yaron Shohat will oversee a company reorganization — including 100 layoffs — before a successor is named, Reuters reported.
4. Cyber Insurance – What’s Not Covered: Lloyd’s of London will require its insurer groups globally to exclude catastrophic state-backed hacks from stand-alone cyber insurance policies starting in 2023, The Wall Street Journal reported. The move is designed to make sure insurers are clearly stating what they will and won’t cover, as the ability of state-backed hacks to spread and cause damage could cause systemic risk in the insurance market, The Journal noted.
5. Security and Compliance: Carbide has updated its information security and data privacy management platform to help “rapidly-growing organizations build security and privacy programs at scale,” the company said.
6. Partnership – Multi-Factor Authentication: ForgeRock and Secret Double Octopus (SDO) to extend ForgeRock’s passwordless and Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) capabilities to enterprise workstations and infrastructure.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar