Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 June 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Partnership – Legal, Risk & Compliance: GuardSight, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, cybersecurity operations as a service (SECOPS), and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has partnered with the Blackstone Law Group. The alliance expands the GuardSight offering by providing its customers with a trusted connection to information security, compliance, and related investigative services in a legally privileged context, the two companies say.
2. Bank Malware: Juniper Threat Labs has been monitoring a campaign that pushes a new IcedID banking trojan. Details are in this blog post.
3. SixLittleMonkeys Malware: Kaspersky researchers say SixLittleMonkeys APT now applies enterprise-style programming to its malware.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar