Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 22 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Executive Leadership – Next-Gen MSSP: BlueVoyant has hired Mandiant and FireEye veteran Barry Stern as chief financial officer. Stern was “deeply involved in numerous acquisitions, the divestiture of the FireEye business, and Mandiant’s pending acquisition by Google,” BlueVoyant asserted.
2. Identity and Access Management (IAM) for MSPs: Evo Security has launched Evo Partner Identity Cloud (EPIC), an IAM solution designed for MSPs and their end-customers. The platform protects customers from cybersecurity attacks that frequently exploit login and access vulnerabilities to penetrate network and cloud assets, Evo Security asserted.
3. Partner Program – SaaS Security: DoControl has launched the Accelerate Channel Program for global systems integrators, national solutions providers, VARs, cybersecurity consulting firms, and MSPs. The DoControl no-code SaaS data security platform provides “visibility, granular policy enforcement and automated security remediation for enterprises with data assets across the entirety of their SaaS landscape,” the company asserted.
5. Secure Communications: Keeper Security has launched One-Time Share, a new feature that “enables Keeper users to securely share records with anyone on a time-limited basis, using Keeper’s zero-knowledge encryption and zero-trust security model, the company said.
6. Rebrand: Tortuga Logic has changed its name to Cycuity. The company will “expand the scope of its vision to support more holistic product security that builds on its status as a leader in hardware security verification.” The company has also raised fresh funding from Dorilton Ventures, Eclipse Ventures and others.
7. Email Security: Darktrace Antigena Email now features an early warning system, allowing members of the Darktrace community to “contribute and benefit from insights gleaned from across the fleet,” the company said.
8. Multi-Cloud Security Investigations: Cado Security has announced cross cloud support for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud, enabling security teams to “swiftly investigate incidents across multi-cloud environments in a single platform,” the company claimed.
9. ToddyCat Targets Microsoft Exchange Servers: An advanced persistent threat (APT) actor codenamed ToddyCat has been linked to a string of attacks aimed at government and military entities in Europe and Asia since at least December 2020, The Hacker News reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar