Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 June 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – MSP Security Services: Todyl, which develops a cybersecurity platform for MSPs in the SMB sector, has raised $2.25 million in seed funding from TechOperators and Blu Venture Investors.
2. Managed Crisis Communications: BlackBerry AtHoc is now available as a managed service. The result: Organizations of any size can use the service to “quickly establish and maintain a crisis communications capability used traditionally by larger organizations,” BlackBerry asserts.
3. Encryption – Government IT Services: Zeva has launched ZevaCrypt, an end-to-end encryption service to help federal agencies more easily use their existing PIV encryption infrastructure with emails and documents exchanged between agencies and with contractors.
4. Cybersecurity Skills Training: RangeForce Cyberskills Platform 2.0, a platform upgrade, delivers greater scalability to accommodate large numbers of users, the company says.
5. Education: Check Point Software Technologies and Coursera have partnered to promote Check Point cybersecurity courses and content to security and network professionals. The Check Point Jump Start series of courses is already available on the Coursera platform. The series will soon be augmented with cloud security courses aimed at DevOps and DevSecOps specialists, the companies say.
6. Managed SIEM Services: NetGain Systems has added SIEM (security information and event management) and cloud monitoring solutions to its IT monitoring and data analytics solution, NetGain Enterprise Manager (EM).
7. Distribution: Synnex has agreed to distribute K2 Cyber Security‘s application workload protection software.
8. Partner Program – IoT Security: Armis has announced the Armis Reseller Channel (ARC) program.
9. Partner Program – Security Operations: QuoLab Technologies, which develops a data-centric security operations platform (SOP), has launched the QuoLab Partner Program (QPP). QuoLab’s QPP will arm partners with a common, unified workspace where analysts, researchers and IR specialists join together to curtail cyber-attacks, the company says. The network features integrations with Intel 471 and Binary Ninja.
10. Microsoft Active Directory Security: Semperis Directory Services Protector (DSP) for Microsoft Active Directory now features vulnerability assessment, security reporting, and auto-remediation capabilities.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar