Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 June 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Talent – Top 250 MSSP: Foresite has hired Presidio and Dimension Data veteran Mark Behan as senior VP of operations, reporting to CEO Matt Gyde. Behan will oversee and implement changes to the Foresite operating model and actively lead the transition to a product-led growth organization, the company says.
2. Talent – MSP Security Software: ConnectWise has hired Forcepoint and Sophos veteran Raffael Marty as senior vice president of product management for cybersecurity. Marty will be responsible for developing ConnectWise’s cybersecurity strategy aligned with partner needs. This includes leading the cybersecurity pillar of the ConnectWise Platform, strategic partnerships, investments, and related ventures, ConnectWise says.
3. Funding – Cloud Security: Lightspin has raised $16 million Series A funding. Dell Technologies Capital led the round, with significant participation from existing investor Ibex Investors. Lightspin’s cloud security platform focuses on protecting cloud-native and Kubernetes environments.
4. Funding and Security Cloud – Splunk: The software company has announced a new Splunk Security Cloud, a data-centric security operations platform that delivers security analytics, automated security operations, and integrated threat intelligence. Also, Silver Lake is making a $1 billion investment in convertible senior notes to support Splunk’s growth.
5. Funding – Data Store and Object Security (DSOS): Symmetry Systems has raised $15 million Series A funding. Prefix Capital and ForgePoint Capital led the round. Accenture Ventures participated in the round.
6. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Stratejm, a North American MSSP, has launched an enhanced Managed Detection & Response (e-MDR) service.
7. Threat Intelligence and Operations: ThreatConnect has released ThreatConnect 6.2, which includes various web and playbook enhancements.
8. eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and SIEM: Securonix has extended from SIEM to introduce a cloud-native platform called Securonix Open XDR. The platform “empowers customers with robust threat detection and response capabilities needed to respond swiftly to sophisticated threats across endpoints, networks and hybrid cloud environments,” Securonix asserts.
9. Vulnerability Management: Skybox Security, which offers security posture management solutions, has announced new vulnerability prioritization capabilities with prescriptive remediation analysis.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Partner Program: Secure Code Warrior has announced “significant enhancements to its global partner program, as well as expanded integrations with leading DevSecOps vendors,” the company says.
2. Advisor – Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Former CISA leader Christopher Krebs has joined SentinelOne’s Advisory Board as an inaugural member. The news comes as SentinelOne prepares for a potential IPO.
3. Anti-Phishing and Incident Response: SlashNext has expanded the SlashNext Phishing Incident Response and Threat Hunting offerings on the Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR Marketplace.