Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Talent – Network Security: WatchGuard Technologies has hired Miguel Carrero as the vice president of strategic accounts. Carrero is responsible for leading the growth and expansion of the company’s global effort to target, onboard and manage partnerships with strategic accounts including multi-national service providers and MSSPs, the company says. Carrero previously held key posts at Mobileum, Siemplify and Hewlett Packard.
2. Talent – SOAR Software: Siemplify has promoted Dean Papa to VP of sales for global service providers. Papa has extensive experience in and around the MSSP partner ecosystem.
3. Talent – Security Analytics: Devo Technology has named:
- J.C. Vega as CISO;
- Lars Wiesner as senior vice president, product engineering and operations;
- Kayla Williams as vice president, IT governance, risk and compliance; and
- Matt Westover as vice president of North America sales.
Also, Sebastian Gunningham joins the company’s board of directors.
4. Seed Funding – Vulnerability Triage Software: RankedRight has raised $500,000 in seed funding. The startup develops a triage tool that automatically ranks vulnerabilities based on the rules set by its user, factoring in what is critical to the business, and delegating it to the most appropriate person to resolve, RankedRight asserts.
5. Funding – Cloud Cybersecurity Unicorn: Orca Security has raised $210 million in Series C funding led by CapitalG, Alphabet’s independent growth fund, and Redpoint Ventures. The company has raised nearly $300 million in combined funds at a $1.2 billion valuation since its founding two years ago.
6. Distribution – European MSSP Services: Arrow Electronics has agreed to distribute Secureworks to the European channel. Secureworks is a Top 250 MSSP owned by Dell Technologies.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar