Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Angel Funding – Risk Management and Compliance: Theia Analytics Group (TAG) has raised $1 million in seed funding from angel investors.
2. Funding – Unified Communications Security: Theta Lake has raised $50 million Series B funding round led by Battery Ventures. Lightspeed Venture Partners, Neotribe Ventures, Cisco Investments, RingCentral Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Zoom Video Communications also invested in the round.
4. Security Operations Center (SOC): Atos has opened a new SOC in Sofia, Bulgaria. This is Atos’ 16th SOC worldwide. The new SOC offers threat monitoring, detection, and targeted response services.
5. Executive Leadership – Vulnerability Management: RankedRight, a platform that helps MSPs and MSSPs to “profitably scale their vulnerability management offering,” has appointed David Brandon, co-founder of RotaCloud, as CTO Advisor.
6. Executive Leadership – Zero Trust: Fidelis Cybersecurity has named Cameron Pforr as president.
7. MSP Cyber Talent and Training: MSPAlliance has partnered with Boise State University and Stellar Cyber to help MSPs with business, technical, and cybersecurity training, along with job placement tools. The program will begin producing viable MSP security candidates for hire within the year, MSPAlliance predicted.
9. Distribution – Identity and Access Management (IAM): TD Synnex has agreed to distribute Ping Identity security solutions to partners in the U.S. and Canada.
10. Network Detection and Response (NDR) – AWS: ExtraHop has extended its Reveal(x) 360 service to provide threat visibility for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
11. Endpoint Management and Security: Tanium achieved more than 300% year-over-year growth in Tanium Cloud customers, and a 5X increase in the use of its Reveal solution by Tanium Cloud, the company noted. Popular use cases include identifying and remediating the Log4j vulnerability, Tanium asserted.
12. Cloud-based SIEM and SOAR: Logpoint Converged SIEM — a SaaS platform that combines SIEM, SOAR and UEBA capabilities — is now generally available.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar