Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 September 2021
by Joe Panettieri • Sep 23, 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft Exchange Data Leaks: Autodiscover, a protocol used by Microsoft Exchange for automatic configuration of clients such as Microsoft Outlook, has a design flaw that causes the protocol to “leak” web requests to Autodiscover domains outside of the user’s domain but in the same TLD (i.e. Autodiscover.com), GuardiCore reports.
2. Ransomware Attack Risk Mitigation: Qumulo has unveiled Qumulo Recover Q, a business continuity and disaster recovery solution that “bolsters existing strategies to help guard against and react to ransomware threats,” the company says. The solution allows customers to replicate data and snapshots offsite, providing an “added layer of defense and near-instant failover capability in the event of a disaster,” Qumulo asserts.
3. Professional Services – Penetration Testing: Cobalt, a Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) company, has announced new professional services offerings that “further its mission to strengthen customers’ security programming beyond the completion of a pentest project.”
4. Partnership – OT and IoT Security: SCADAfence and Keysight Technologies have partnered to offer “increased real-time visibility into OT environments and continuous threat detection for a wide variety of industries including oil and gas, manufacturing, water and wastewater, automotive, and other industrial infrastructures,” the two companies say.
5. Branding – FireEye and Mandiant: FireEye will change its corporate name to Mandiant on October 4, 2021. The company’s stock symbol will change to MNDT one day later. Meanwhile, private equity firm Symphony Technology Group is still set to acquire the FireEye products business from the resulting Mandiant company.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Sumo Logic Illuminate 2021 User Conference (September 28-29, Virtual)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- Innovate 2021 Cybersecurity Summit (October 3-6, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar