Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 23 September 2022
Greetings and salutations. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 23, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Typically every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Executive VP & Editorial Director at [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. M&A – Will KnowBe4 Be Acquired? Here’s a closer look at Vista Equity’s bid to acquire KnowBe4.
2. Palo Alto Networks Acquiring Apiiro?: Perhaps.
3. MDR Services: Updates include…
- NetWitness has launched a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service to “enable companies to leverage NetWitness for expanded cybersecurity in a fully outsourced model,” the company said.
- DartPoints has enhanced its MDR platform to span endpoint detection and response (EDR), security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR), and extended detection and response (XDR) capabilities backed by DartPoints team monitoring.
5. Partner Program – SaaS Security Partner: Grip Security has announced the Grip Security Partner Program. The company’s software allows partners to unify discovery, access control and data governance for SaaS applications. Grip did not mention if the partner program has MSP-centric components.
6. vCISO Services: Ntirety has launched Compliance-as-a-Service (CaaS) and Virtual CISO (vCISO) capabilities.
7. XDR Software: Cybereason NGAV (Next-Generation Antivirus) now features Variant Payload Prevention and Behavioral Execution Prevention features.
8. Zero Day Data Protection: Commvault has launched Metallic ThreatWise, an “early warning system that proactively surfaces unknown and zero-day threats to minimize compromised data and business impact,” the company asserted.
10. Talent – Deep Instinct Leadership: Deep Instinct has hired Palo Alto Networks and Zscaler veteran Lane Bess as CEO.
11. Talent- Federal Government Cybersecurity: Optiv has named John Trauth as general manager of Optiv Federal.
12. Cyber Insurance: Cowbell has launched Adaptive Cyber Insurance and a subsidiary called Cowbell Specialty Insurance Company (Cowbell Specialty). Adaptive Cyber Insurance allows policies to “evolve more frequently than yearly to remain aligned with the policyholder’s cyber exposures, avoid coverage gaps and bring full transparency into renewal terms throughout the policy period,” the company said.
13. Telecom Services Cyberattack: Australian No. 2 telco Optus, owned by Singapore Telecommunications , said it will contact up to 10 million customers whose personal details were taken in a “sophisticated” hack, but added no corporate clients were compromised, Reuters reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Trellix Xpand Live 2022 (September 27-29, Las Vegas)
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Palo Alto Networks Ingnite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)