Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A: Forescout shareholders have approved the company’s sale to Advent International and Crosspoint Capital Partners.
2. Attack Simulations: AttackIQ has released an emulation plan for enterprises to test the effectiveness of their security controls against a cyberattack from APT29 threat actors. The AttackIQ plan is derived from MITRE ATT&CK-based tactics.
3. Microsoft Teams Security: McAfee MVISION Cloud now supports encryption enhancements in Microsoft Teams. The capability further protects Teams customers from potential hackers and prying eyes.
4. Security Monitoring: Datadog’s cloud-based monitoring platform now features Security Monitoring. The move essentially extends Datadog’s platform from developers and IT operations teams to security engineers, the company says. Datadog also has a growing base of MSPs.
5. Embedded Security: Kaspersky has launched a new version of Kaspersky Embedded Systems Security. The offering can now can remotely manage and update ATM and point of sale (PoS) devices located in areas with a 2G internet connection.
6. Distribution – Cybersecurity Training: Tech Data has agreed to distribute RangeForce, a cloud-based cybersecurity simulation and training platform. Tech Data will provide the RangeForce CyberSkills Platform to partners as well as use it as a hands-on simulated training solution in its Arizona-based Cyber Range.
7. Cybersecurity Collaboration: Trustwave, a Top 200 MSSP, has expanded its cybersecurity collaboration platform globally.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar