Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 24 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Twitter Security – Whistleblower Allegations: Twitter misled federal regulators about its defenses against hackers and spam accounts, former Twitter security chief Peiter Zatko alleged in a whistleblower complaint, Reuters reported. The allegations could create serious legal and financial problems for the social media platform, which is currently attempting to force Tesla CEO Elon Musk to complete his $44 billion offer to buy the company, The Associated Press reported. Several members of Congress called on regulators to investigate the Twitter whistleblower claims, AP noted.
2. Partnership – MSSP Services: Adela Technologies, a Maryland-based MSSP, is leveraging CoreSite’s hybrid IT environment to deliver “secure, hosted solutions to its diverse clientele,” the companies said.
3. AWS Security Competency: Cloud monitoring platform provider Datadog achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security, Networking and Retail competencies. Datadog now holds nine competencies, the company said.
4. Software Supply Chain Security: Slim.AI has unveiled new capabilities in its Continuous Software Supply Chain Security Solution to “help software producers find and continuously remove vulnerabilities, harden container images and reduce container attack surface,” the company said.
5. Operational Technology (OT) Security: Tenable.ot has gained new four new features to “give customers the ability to better tailor the tool to their specific security needs, make it easier to report out to non-technical stakeholders and give deeper coverage of segmented or isolated assets,” the company said.
6. CMMC Compliance: Cybersecurity service provider Coalfire Federal has been authorized by the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Accreditation Body (The Cyber AB) as a CMMC Third-Party Assessment Organization (C3PAO).
7. Compliance Automation: A-LIGN has released “significant compliance automation updates” to the company’s A-SCEND compliance management platform. A-SCEND allows teams of all sizes to”gain instant visibility into their cybersecurity and compliance standing, create policies, and manage evidence, all in one centralized platform,” the company asserted.
8. Compliance & Legal Protections: Proofpoint has launched the Intelligent Compliance Platform, which offers enterprises “modern regulatory compliance safeguards while simplifying corporate legal protection practices,” the company said.
9. Data Discovery and Security: Corelight, a provider of network detection and response (NDR) technology, has adopted the Normalyze, data-first cloud security platform to automate data discovery and classification across all of its cloud data.
10. No-Code Security Automation: Torq experienced 385% customer growth, a 360% revenue increase, and 150% headcount expansion across the last three quarters. Still, actual revenue dollar figures and profit (or loss) figures were not disclosed.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar